I have been promising myself for years that I will make a BBQ, or Car-B-Que , from the salvaged bodywork of a Ford 100E, which I rescued from a crusher in Essex, at the 11th hour, in 1999. Finally, late this last summer, I made it happen.....and christened it at a November 5th party, where it proved a great success. The photos I took of it in action are really too dark to show the car off. The driver's head wobbles and his hands turn with the wheel (due to a counterweight strung to the bottom of the wheel).
The project served as a practice piece when I needed to develop my welding skills for the work on the Austin 101.
The car stands on a sub-structure When I salvaged the essentials in 1999, I took the main panels, the windscreen surround and front of the roof; and also took the rear of the car. Essentially I bolted the panels together over a cantilevering frame, which I welded together from rectangular section steel tube salvaged from skipped school desks (schools throw away a scandalous amount of decent kit). It all took about a week to weld together.
The rear of the car acts as a toolshed.